Our postal address is:2301 Millbend Drive
We have created this Privacy Statement in order to better familiarize you with our information gathering and dissemination practices for the web site of The Woodlands Resort. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or you can reach us by telephone at 281.367.1100.
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer’s domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible).
We collect the domain name and e-mail address (where possible) of visitors to our Web page, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, user-specific information on what pages consumers access or visit, information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web page, used to customize the content and/or layout of our page for each individual visitor, used to notify consumers about updates to our Web site, and not shared with other organizations or third parties for commercial purposes.
We may also collect personal information from entries made to sweepstakes or contests and from visitors to our Website. The information we collect at our Website is described on the Website. When we request personal information you will be given the choice to opt out of providing such information.
We do not share any information you provide us with anyone outside of The Woodlands Resort, and it’s affiliates, except for suppliers who assist us in maintaining and managing the activities on our sites. These suppliers are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of any information we provide them, including your information.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending us e-mail at the above address, calling us at the above telephone number, writing to us at the above address. For each e-mail communication we send to you, you have the option of opting out through a link we provide.
If you supply us with your postal address on-line you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders they have placed online.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
With respect to security: When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number.
Neither The Woodlands Resort, nor any of it’s affiliates, shall have any responsibility of any nature whatsoever for other web sites linked to this web site, or any information contained thereon, none of which has been verified or endorsed by either The Woodlands Resort or any of its affiliates.
We and our appointed agencies collect anonymous information about your use of the website from cookies and using pixel tags. Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that we put on your device’s hard drive and pixel tags are used to read the cookies. They allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, monitor website traffic and personalize website content just for you. This ultimately helps us provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and allows us to improve our site going forward.
· Usage information: we collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our website and services. This includes which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, what language preference you have, and so on
· Device and browser data: we collect information from the device and application you use to access our services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type
· Information from page tags: we use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect data about visitors to our website. This data includes usage and user statistics
· Log data: like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site, operating system versions, device type and timestamps
· Referral information: if you arrive at our website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us. The site will still function correctly if you opt to exclude third party cookies, however when you make an online booking, the booking process requires cookies to work. These are temporary cookies which are automatically deleted once a transaction is made.