The Woodlands Resort is open and ready to host you! While we have always been dedicated to being your convenient escape to nature, serving with a genuine Texas hospitality, we are equally committed to protecting your wellbeing. As we welcome you back to the Texas Piney Woods, here is what we are doing to promote a safe and relaxing experience for you.
We are aligned with the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and have applied the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) “Stay Safe” enhanced industry-wide hotel cleaning standards. As a result, we have put in place the following comprehensive protocols and procedures. We encourage guests to follow the statewide Executive order GA-29, issued on July 2nd.
– All employees have received training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact
– All employees have been instructed to wash their hands before and after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, entering and leaving the floor, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
– All staff members will have their temperature checked daily before their shift begins.
– Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
– Check-in will take place in the Living Room of The Resort (near the pool complex)
– Protective shields are in place at the front desk, and all team members have PPE.
– A hand sanitizing station is available at the check-in area
– Spacing dots exist on the floor to designate appropriate social distancing.
– Surfaces touched by arriving guests will be cleaned after each transaction, including the counter, handheld credit card terminals, and pens.
– Valet parking attendants will change gloves prior to retrieving every vehicle and will sanitize all touch points in vehicle upon exiting.
– To limit entry of occupied guestrooms, housekeeping cleaning service will be provided for 4+ night stays. Requests for cleaning service for under 4 night stays will be provided based on availability.
– Stays under 4 nights will receive daily towel and trash service, and amenities (soap, shampoo, coffee, etc.) will be available at the Front Desk or delivered to your room upon request.
– At check-out, rooms will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines.
– We use industry-leading disinfectant solutions and recommended equipment, with emphasis on high-touch areas.
– All bed linen and laundry will be changed at check-out and continue to be washed at high temperature in accordance with CDC guidelines.
– Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
– Elevators are marked with signs limiting occupancy to 4 guests at a time, or families travelling together, to allow for social distancing.
– Hand sanitizing stations are made available at elevator entry points.
– Guest and employee elevator call buttons and interior handles and floor buttons are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
– Spacing dots exist on the ground to designate appropriate social distancing.
– Pool seating has been configured to allow for at least six feet of separation between groups of guests.
– We have an attendant sanitizing tubes with Ecolab multi-surface peroxide solution at the Lazy River between guest usage.
– The Hot tub is open based on local and social distancing guidelines, which is currently 4 persons at a time or families traveling together.
– We disinfect chaise lounges and cabanas between guest usage.
– S’mores are provided in single-packages with disposable roasting sticks.
– All activities are set-up to allow for appropriate social distancing, such as crafts, BINGO, yoga and movie nights.
– Bikes and helmets are sanitized between each use.
– Paddleboards, Kayaks, Peddle boats, and fishing are temporarily unavailable.
– Hand sanitizer is available for guests and team members in all areas.
– Woodlands Dining Room offers a la carte breakfast 7:00am to 11:00am (Mon-Fri), 7AM-12PM (Sat-Sun)
Woodlands Dining Room Buffet has been modified to offer hot items in a family-style platter for each individual group, eliminating use of the shared hot line. The Chef’s station and single-serving desserts/pastries remain.
– Cool Water Café serving an all-day dining menu from 11:00am to 8:00pm
– The Bistro serving dinner from 4:00pm to 10:00pm (Sun-Th), 4:00pm to 11:00pm (Fri), and 11:00am to 11:00pm (Sat)
– Flying Pie Pizza provides guests a To-Go option for dining if you wish to not dine in a restaurant. – Same hours as The Bistro. Please call 281-364-6205.
– Robard’s is closed through 2020.
– In-room dining is currently unavailable.
– Contactless menus for all dining outlets are available via QR code with your mobile phone.
– For those without cell phones, single-use disposable menus are available.
– Restaurants and bars have reduced seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests.
– Signage limits the occupancy of the fitness center to 6 guests at a time to allow for appropriate social distancing.
– The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of equipment has been increased.
– Guests will be instructed to sanitize all equipment and surfaces after each use.
– Hand sanitizer is available for guests and team members in all areas.
– The Spa is currently unavailable.
We are committed to working with you to bring a safe environment to your next meeting or event. Our 60,000 square feet of meeting space lends to setup rooms and space for social distancing, still allowing collaboration and celebration.
Guests can be reassured of their safety while staying with us or attending a meeting or event as we follow the CDC cleaning standards and Texas state advisories. Additionally, employees’ temperatures are taken daily and they have gone through training to follow the CDC standards.
Below are the guidelines we adhere to for all meetings and events while in reduced capacity mandate:
– Ensure meeting and event spaces are set with social distanced sets as indicated in our meeting space/capacity chart.
– All shared equipment and meeting amenities will be disinfected before and after each use.
– All tables will be sanitized and all chairs disinfected prior to each set up.
– We will replace all linen after each meeting.
– We are disinfecting any used meeting rooms at the end of each meeting day.
– Sanitizing stations with hand sanitizers or sanitizing wipes will be accessible to guests in meeting rooms.
– Pens and writing pads are available upon request and can be pre-placed at each setting. Pens are disinfected before and after each meeting.
Pre-Function Meeting / Event Spaces:
– All public bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected at least every hour with the recommended disinfectant
– All frequently touched items, such as elevator buttons, handrails, and door handles will be disinfected as often as every hour
Buffet Operations:(when permitted)
– Extra distance – will be placed between buffet tables
Contact our sales team to learn about our flexible contracts and to customize your next meeting or event.
It is your special day and we want to celebrate with memories. With flexible indoor and outdoor space, we can set your wedding with an intimate feel yet keeping your guests safe with social distancing to celebrate your wedding day.
Guests can be reassured of their safety while staying with us as we follow the CDC cleaning standards and Texas state advisories. Additionally, employees’ temperatures are taken daily and they have gone through training to follow the CDC standards.
Contact our catering team to make your special day come true!